It is now December 3rd, 2012, and the human race has, according to the Mayan Calendar, just 18 days left to live. That’s right, the world is scheduled to end December 21st, and there is nothing we can do about it. So instead of drowning in sorrows and awaiting our impending doom, why not enjoy these last 18 days to the best of our ability? Personally, I choose not to believe the Mayans. However, on the off chance that their ominous prediction is correct, here are 5 things you should most definitely do within the next 18 days.
1. Take a Hot Air Balloon Ride- A truly unique experience that let’s you view the Earth from a different perspective with more freedom than any other aircraft provides. The winds choose where the destination will be. I have had the fortune to do this and, believe me, it is an incredible experience.
2. Send a Message in a Bottle- Write your thoughts down on a piece of paper. Let your mind wander wherever it pleases. Put it in a bottle, cap it, and send it out to sea. Share your hopes, dreams, and thoughts with the world.
3. Tell that Huge Crush How you Feel- You know the person that you find unbearably attractive. It’s that guy in Biology that you simply can’t muster up the confidence to talk to or that girl in the improv club that makes you laugh uncontrollably. Talk to them. Be yourself. They aren’t any better than you. Ask them out on a date. Be rebellious and step out on a limb, you owe it to yourself.
4. Cook a Feast- Take the time to prepare a feast of a meal. Make a list of necessary ingredients and choose your all time favorite side dishes to go along with the entree. After the feast has been consumed, you should be so full that your stomach feels like it’s going to explode.
5. Make One More Trip- Doesn’t matter how near or far it is, just go somewhere with friends. Go to the city and hit up the bars, go to a mountain and ski, or go to an amusement park. It really doesn’t matter where you go. As long as you’re with friends you can make a good time.
The end of the world is allegedly upon us. I surely hope the Mayans prediction is inaccurate. However, we need to account for the fact that it could be correct. And certainly these are 5 things that you should do if the daunted end is near.